Follow us on Facebook
The Next Meeting:
Our next meeting is on Monday 2nd September, when Paul Cumbleton will be telling us all about the Alpine Plants of the Wasatch and Ruby Mountains in the USA.
Meetings are from 19:30 to 21:30, with the main event beginning at 20:00. Entry is £2 for Group members, £3 for visitors and free for children and students; this fee includes refreshments.
Classes for the September monthly competition:
Art 1 (cut flowers) section
· Four to six cut flowers from the exhibitor's garden displayed in vases (supplied). Not limited to a single bloom of any one plant.
· An arrangement of cut flowers or foliage grown in the exhibitor's garden, including dwarf shrubs, to be judged for quality, delicacy and artistic arrangement. No accessories allowed.
Art 2 section
· One photo of alpine(s) in the wild or in cultivation (can be submitted in advance by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org).
· One picture of alpine(s) in any medium.
· One piece of needlework depicting or inspired by alpines.
Monthly Meetings for the 2018 / 2019 Year:
Please note that the May meeting will be on the second Monday to avoid the Bank Holiday.