Follow us on Facebook
The Next Meeting:
The next meeting on Monday 1st October is our Group's Annual General Meeting, starting at 8.00pm. After the formal business, Liz Livermore will give a short talk on the Group outing to Beth Chatto's Garden in 2017.
Our next speaker meeting and the first of our new season is on Monday 5th November when Jon Evans will be giving us a talk on Blackthorn Nursery in the Spring. This internationally renowned Alpine Plant Nursery in Hampshire closed a few years ago when the owners, Robin and Sue White, decided to retire. They have now converted the land into their own private garden. Jon has had the privilege to visit the garden on many occasions through all the seasons. He took so many photos on his visits that he couldn't fit them into just one talk, so it became a series of three!. Part 1 covers January to May.
Meetings are from 19:30 to 21:30, with the speaker beginning at 20:00. Entry is £2 for Group members, £3 for visitors and free for children and students; this fee includes refreshments.
There is no monthly competition at the AGM in October. The competition resumes in November - classes will be published when the website is updated after the AGM.
· One photo of alpine(s) in the wild or in cultivation (can be submitted in advance by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org).
· One picture of alpine(s) in any medium.
· One piece of needlework depicting or inspired by alpines.
· Four to six cut flowers from the exhibitor's garden displayed in vases (supplied). Not limited to a single bloom of any one plant.
· An arrangement of cut flowers or foliage grown in the exhibitor's garden, including dwarf shrubs, to be judged for quality, delicacy and artistic arrangement. No accessories allowed.
Monthly Meetings for the 2018 / 2019 Year:
Please note that the May meeting will be on the second Monday to avoid the Bank Holiday.